At Quantize Courses we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and maintaining the high levels of trust we have always sought to build with visitors who put their confidence in us. We have not, and never will sell or share our visitors data with other companies for marketing purposes. Building a strong relationship with you and continuing to develop our close community is of paramount importance to us.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your visits to and use of this website;
- information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications;
- and any other information you submit to us via the website or our services (collectively, “Your Content”), such as comments, enquiries, marketing preferences, and other information concerning your use of the website or our services.
2. Information about website visits
- We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website´s usability, and for marketing purposes.
3. Using your personal data
- process your orders, register and administer your user account, and enable you to login and use the website and our services;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at email@example.com); and
- to generally run and improve the website and our services.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
4. Email Communications
The goal of our existing email communications is to inform our Newsletter Subscribers of new blog posts, tutorials or other information that we believe will be of interest. Some of our newsletters also include information on new products, promotions and the links to our new products.
We do not sell or distribute (for financial gain or for free) or otherwise disclose any partner or customer e-mail addresses to any third parties except when legally required.
Every newsletter contains an Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message.
There are situations which by their own nature require us to send you emails. These include:
- Sending an email containing the link to activate your account for services such as online courses and our Finish More Music membership site.
- Sending an email containing the link to download a product you have purchased.
- Sending you invoices for each completed transaction on our website.
- Sending you emails concerning technical, legal and support matters.
Please make sure you do not flag Quantize Courses as ‘Spam’ or ‘Unsolicited’ in your email application. When you register and do not find an activation email in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
When you get in contact with us (for example by email or via a form on the website) we will keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference and so we can improve the website.
5. Cookies, Beacons and Tracking
Our website uses ‘cookies’ and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer and mobile device by software that you install. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies may also be stored in your internet browser by or on behalf of third parties, such as Google or providers of advertising services.
To log you into our website and service and keep you logged in.
To remember information about you such as your preferred language and configuration.
To help us understand how you use our website and services, and how often, so we can improve them to deliver a better experience for our users.
To carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services.
We use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ use of the website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the website to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies, but parts of the website may not work properly.
We may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone (or other portable or static device used to access the website) and your visit to the website, including where available your IP address, operating system, login, device name, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information if necessary our advertisers.
We may use other technologies such as pixel tags, clear GIFs and web beacons on the website.
6. Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- if we buy or sell, or are negotiating the purchase or sale, of any business or assets, in which case your personal information may be shared with the purchaser or seller for that purpose.
7. International data transfers
8. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet
We will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential. We will not ask you for your passwords.
9. Data Retention
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. Policy amendments
11. Your rights
You may instruct us to amend, delete or provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
12. Third party websites
13. Financial Information
The website does not store your credit card and payment details on our server. The website retains details of your purchases and purchased products in your profile, but no sensitive details relating to your payment methods are stored or handled by Quantize Courses
Keith Mills t/a Quantize Courses, address 2 Somerfield Close, Tadworth, KT20 6DB.